For pastry fans, test the White Cheese and Blueberry Pie right now
Forget your favorite cheesecake, we have better! Discover Emma’s White Cheese and Blueberry Pie from the Casserole et chocolat blog.
Imagined by Emma, the creator of the blog Casserole et Chocolat, prepare a tasty cheese and blueberry pie. Rather easy to achieve, if you put a little effort, you will get a crispy pie with its base of shortbread pie, and a light and airy filling, not too sweet, and slightly tart thanks to the presence of blueberries fresh. If it is possible to replace the blueberries with another red fruit, Emma, the head of the recipe, advises against the use of frozen fruits, which would drop too much water during cooking and could get wet too much. the pie background!
To make this recipe, follow the steps below:
White Cheese and Blueberry Pie
For 8 – 10 people
– 300 g shortbread or broken dough
– 600 g of cottage cheese
– 15 cl whole cream
– 4 eggs
– 200 g blueberries
– 30 g ground almonds
– 60 g of Maïzena (or flour if you do not have Maïzena)
– 225 g of sugar
– 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
– A little icing sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 210 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the cottage cheese, cream, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla sugar and cornflour.
3. Beat the whites to firm snow.
4. Add them gently with a spatula to the cottage cheese mixture.
5. Spread your dough, taking care to give it a good thickness and put it in your mold.
6. Sprinkle with almond powder. Arrange the blueberries.
7. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the blueberries.
8. Bake 45 minutes.
9. After 45 minutes, turn off your oven, open the door and leave your cake inside for a few minutes.
10. Allow to cool to room temperature for about 20 minutes before unmolding by placing a rack on the top of the cake and turning it over. Then turn it over a second time to put it back in place.
11. When your pie has cooled down, sprinkle with icing sugar.
Enjoy your meal !